Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Review: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation

The Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup is the newest edition to their foundation family and yet another one of their famous colorstay products.

I picked up this beauty from Ulta for $13.99




























I love that it comes in a whopping twelve shades, which is awesome for a drugstore product. But what I love even more is how well it matches my skin tone. I am a MAC NC20 and I wear nude 220 which is a perfect match for my coloring. It doesn't develop an orange tinge throughout the day either, which is a problem  I can get with some medium to full coverage foundations.

I know that a lot of reviewers have commented on the packaging, and talked about how unhygienic it is, but really, very few drugstore foundations come with a pump and at this price point I'm really happy with the packaging. To avoid contamination, I screw the lid on and I tip the product 90 degrees to put some product on the plastic cover, then I use a brush to pick up product from the lid. Once I'm done I just wipe the seal down and  I'm done.
























I found it to be medium to full coverage product and really good at hiding my blemishes. It is actually very similar to Revlon Colorstay in both the finish and the coverage, but it feels slightly more moisturizing. So if you liked the original, definitely give this one a go. You don't have the option of buying a 'Combination/Oily' or 'Normal/Dry' formulation with this foundation though, so if you sit at the extreme end of one of those skin types, then this might not be a good choice for you. But all round I think this is a really good foundation and I'm really happy I picked it up!


Here's what Revlon  has to say about it:
Finally, truly decadent makeup offers ultimate performance. The mousse like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy

TLDR: If you want a medium to full coverage foundation and you liked the original Revlon Colorstay, then you will want to pick this one up.

Rating: 8 / 10

1 comment:

  1. I will definately try this one, I love the original colorstay, the lasting power really is great. if you need help with picking the right shade though give this website a go, they help with that: ps beauty foundation finder have fun!

    ReplyDelete