Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review: Michael Todd Avocado and Mango Hydrating Facial Mask

I'm sure those of you who have combination skin will understand; finding products which work to treat both your dry and oily patches is tough. Even finding products which treat just one problem, and don't worsen the other: such as moisturizers that don't break you out, can be really hard. Which is why I love this product. 

The Michael Todd Avocado and Mango Mask is an organic moisturizing mask. It is meant to be applied twice weekly after cleansing, left on for 10-15 minutes, and then rinsed off. It claims to gently exfoliate dead skin cells, while also moisturizing and rejuvenating the skin. I would say that this is completely accurate as my skin feels much softer after using this product.

In the past I have used moisturizing products that contain a lot of unreadable chemicals, and I haven't been impressed. Some have broken me out, some have felt like they are doing nothing at all, and one in particular *cough* H2O Night Oasis Oxygenating Rejuvenation *cough* left my skin with a horrible bumpy rash.

The Michael Todd Avocado and Mango Mask tingles on the skin, which I personally like because I can actually tell it is actually working, and removing the dead skin cells. However, if you have really sensitive skin, or don't like that feeling, then this might not be the right product for you.

It says on the packaging that this product is for normal to dry skin, probably because of the moisturizing properties, however, I have oily to combination skin and I really like what this does for me. It even contains Salicylic Acid, so I highly doubt that this will break anyone out.

The product itself is also really nice, it smells quite sweet,  but subtle. I also really like the packaging, it is sleek, and the pump makes it so easy to hygienically get all of the product out of the container. 


The fact that it is vegan friendly, and made with organic ingredients also really appeals to me (and apparently my skin likes that too!). 

The only down side I think, is that it isn't readily available from anywhere but the Michael Todd website and it is a little pricey. But that said, all and all, I really like this product and would recommend it to pretty much anyone. 

You can pick up the Michael Todd Avocado and Mango Mask from the Michael Todd Website for $34.00.






No comments:

Post a Comment